Editor's Note

We're pleased to pass the six-month mark on The Image, Deconstructed.

Dozens of people have volunteered to make this happen. I'm grateful for
those who have given your time, including Sam Saccone, who designed
the blog.

Several people have asked how they can help, and I'm open for a variety of
ways, from doing guest interviews, to helping TID made connections with
people you would like interviewed, to basic copy editing. We also hope to have
an archive established soon, so people can search for previous interviews.

Any thoughts are welcome as we move forward, and thanks again to everyone
who has been involved.

We also hope to make an announcement in the coming weeks of TID's first grant
offer. We're working out the details now, but I'm excited about this potential.
Thanks again everyone, and here's to the exploration of the Psychology of
Photojournalism.

Now, we'll take a look at the second of a two-part series, regarding the mentality
behind documenting a topic. Here co-editor Logan Mock-Bunting speaks to the
mental challenges of coverage of wildfires.

We'll return to the deconstruction of one image and the interview format next
week with Johnny Andrews, of The St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if I can help! I am a Memphis-based freelance writer and feel free to contact me.

    memphisgreaney@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete